It's midnight thirty and I am wide awake; mostly in part to some fun steroids I now have the pleasure of taking but the other part of me is just up; enjoying the quiet still that night brings.
This last week has been a doozy. Oh heck, who am I kidding; this entire month has not been real "grand" in the scheme of life for us. It's hard to believe that we are entering the last week of June. Half the year is already over!! Where did it GO????
Unfortunately, I've been dealing with some health issues that really hit hard this month. My husband has been MIA due to his very demanding agricultural based business. I haven't been able to get any work in the store done. And to top it off, our kids came down with a nasty virus that wiped an entire week and a half of our lives out.
Life has just been getting in the way...
I am tired. And I am tired of making excuses for not being able to find some joy in all that life throws at us. Not that dealing with illness and sick kiddos is FUN but now that we are through the worst of it; looking back, there were some positives.
Give me a minute while I rack my brain...
Sorry about that! I did come up with a few though, for instance:
- I didn't have to steal cuddles. In fact, I was starting to feel a little over cuddled.
- The house got completely disinfected which means the toilets are now good for another month!
- I didn't have to get dressed or wash my hair or put on makeup or pants or a bra.
- We didn't spend any money running around.
- I am officially Candy Crushed out. (gasp!)
- My oldest allowed his softer, comforting big brother side to show and really loved on his little sisters.
- I was blessed with help from both my mother and mother-in-law.
- I didn't have to cook, much.
- Clean beds....
- Not all the kids were sick and needed me all at the exact same time. (I wouldn't be writing any of this if that would have been the case).
- And since we were just sick.... we shouldn't be sick over the holiday weekend, BOOM!
We survived, barely. So take that LIFE! But in all honesty, just throwing this out there - could you please be a little easier on us here for a bit? Like, at least until school starts....
See you soon!